Monday, October 12, 2015

Trust in the Lord and His timing




Hello family!!!!
      That is so cool that you got in touch with Hermana Spainhower's mom. She is literally and angel and I love her. God has truly blessed me with a great companion. (: 
     Btw I got your package. Thank you soooo sooo sooo much Mom!!! and Keanu and Dad i loved your letters (: Plus the beach towel has made our room ten times cuter!! 
     So this week has been hectic and exahusting. We are looking for a new room still and this week we put alot of effort towards that will literally no luck. We are praying like crazy to find a new one. 
     Our investigator Jesus is soooo good. Guys before the mission I prayed a lot that God would help me find those who are prepared for the gospel and Jesus is most definitely one of them. I told you guys that he's a painter and the other day as we taught him about the Book of Mormon he told us that he had painted as a kid the pictures of Nephi crossing the sea and all that but had no idea what it was!! How crazy is that!!! He wants to know so badly the truth and he really is working so hard to do so. 
     This week I finished reading the Book of Mormon again and I have seen over these past months so many beautiful things. This week as I finished in the book of Moroni, we see how drastically sad the circumstances are. I then realized that it all starts in one place... In our thoughts. This week I Ponderized Mosiah 4:30 and he states that we should watch ourselves in our thoughts, words and deeds to observe the commandments of God and continue in the faith of Christ, or else we will perish. This is exactly what happened with the Lamanites and Nephites. As their thoughts became focused on their afflictions and the things of the world they lost sight of the one person who gave them all, Jesus Christ. This week was difficult to see that we werent able to find a new place to live and ncontinue to hope  that everything would be ok. Many times I just wanted to scream out WHY? but i realized that the Lord desires that I put my trust in Him and have the faith sufficient to produce a miracle. I know we will find a room, but it will be in His time and in His way. I know that many of our investigators will be baptized but likewise it will be in his timing and his way. I love that I have come to learn so much from my study of the Book of Mormon and I can't wait to start reading it again. Truly the Lord cares for little old me in little old Piura.
      So my challenge is if you guys will start with me again this week the Book of Mormon. I would love to hear your insights from daily or weekly study. I hope to soon receive an Ensign Magazine with the conference messages, so that I can also study the conference talks along with my study of the Book of Mormon. I hope you guys can join me. I love you so much and I hope all is well. i pray for you guys everyday and hope that you are staying close to the Lord. Christ is coming soon and we need to prepare ourselves. I know Jesus Christ lives and will help us through anything. I LOVE YOU GUYS TONS!!!
Love, Hermana Tanuvasa

No comments:

Post a Comment