Monday, February 22, 2016

"Yo tengo un testimonio y lo siento crecer. Primero yo creía más, ahora ya lo sé."

Hermana Orellana

Hna Howell and Hna Sepulveda

Hna Howell 


My Extremely Loved Family,
First of all, I need to thank every single one of you. This week I've seen and heard a lot about family trials here in Paita and my heart is breaking even now to think of it. There are some really hard things that happen in the lives of these families and I count this blessing everyday; to have each one of you as part of my family. God has blessed me beyond anything I could ever imagine and I am a very undeserving soul. Thank you for your love, your commitment to Christ and your faith. 

BLOG CRAWLERS:
This week... wow, how to describe it. Well Tuesday adn Wednesday were a little rough because we are struggling a little bit to find new people to teach. But the hardest part was on Wednesday when we called our investigator Ricardo to find him for his teaching appointment and he told me that he was moving to Lima.  I spent the rest of the day trying not to break down crying every time that we tried to teach someone else. My heart breaks in not knowing when he could possibly have the opportunity to be baptized again and seeing how much his heart ached because of a lot of pains.... 

Well, it was rough. But I want to testify today of something miraculous. First of all, Thursday we had a Sister Training and President personally had sent me and Hna Orellana to sing this song I Have A Testimony or Yo Tengo Un Testimonio.  I got the song about two weeks ago with no idea of the song and no clip of how it should go, so I played it and we worked it out and hoped it was right. Well turns out it was a song that a girl in The Rasmussens ward had written and then translated for them when they left on their mission. Hna. Orellana, Hna. Pay, and Hna. Ore sang it beautifully and the lyrics truly touchedmy heart and the truth of the gospel. The chorus says something like this,
"I have a testimony and I feel it grow, First I believed, but now I know." 

I have spent everyday of my life right now testifying of my Savior Jesus Christ and His atoning sacrifice, and yet I find that I still have a long way to go to completely understand and fully apply it. But this week I was able to feel more of that Atoning power and know that Jesus is my SAVIOR. 
He saves me as I am full of weaknesses and sins, but promises that if I trust in Him he will be beside me. I thought of it like this, this week,
In a volleyball game of two, one player cannot touch the ball two times in a row. Also, we makes mistakes as humans. But Christ offers to be our teammate , and more specifically He is our perfect teammate. So in reality, even if we shank a ball and it goes flying, He is so perfect  that if we put our trust in Him, He´ll be able to fix it! But if we choose not to trust it Him, and try to do it all ourselves, we will find that we tire much faster, make a lot more mistakes, and inevitably, we will lose. 

I promise you that I have a testimony of Jesus Christ. It is growing everyday as I come to better understand Him and see His power in my life. I have believed this since as long as I can rememeber, and I know it. 

Seek Him and what He has to offer. He is the perfect teammate, companion and friend. He is our Savior and Reedemer. He is what lifts me up and gives me joy. Praise be to His name!!!

I love and miss you all! Press forward with faith!
Hermana Tanuvasa

No comments:

Post a Comment