Monday, July 11, 2016

Kayla in Sullana



Hermana Arce and Hermana Tanuvasa


Sullana

Hermana Tanuvasa and Hermana Arce in their sombreros :)


Hello World and my family of God, 


(Kayla was transfered last Monday to an area called Sullana, which is 45 north of the city that she was in ) 

So first off I LOVE SULLANA!!!!!! So in the ward Sullana,  there were 3 companionships, 2 sets of elders and us, but they closed one area of the elders and they are adding it to us so this week will be a fun adventure with Hna. Arce getting to know our new area together!!! First time in the mission doing this so I am super excited!!!! 

To start I want to share a scripture I found in 1 Corinthians 3:6-8

 6" have plantedApollos watered; but God gave the increase. 7. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to hisown labour."
and in John 4: 35-36
"Behold, I say unto you, Lift up your eyes, and look on the fields; for they are white already to harvest. And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together."

This is the work of God and Christ is the foundation, and when we work in it, we will be filled with joy. :) How beautiful is that?

So to share one amazing experience this week that just happened last night. There is a kid named Bryan. He's 17, he doesnt know his dad and his mom left him, so he lives with his grandparents. He says his grandma is his best friend and he loves to play soccer. He isn't in school, but he works from 630 in the morning to 10 at night. And this is how we found him, 

First on Thursday, we had a member accompany us during the afternoon, but 
sometimes, often, as things go, almost all of our appointments fell through. So we decided to knock doors/look in the directory for PF´s. Our member was a little frustrated after the first fifteen doors rejected us, but at number 30 she was frustrated. She exclaimed, no one wants to hear us. My companion encouraged her saying, dont worry, God will provide. Less than five minutes later, we were walking up another street and we pass a mototaxi kid. We first say hi and then keep walking but something, the Spirit, insists that we go back. We talked with him and set an appointment for the next day. We couldn't go the next day and the appointment was transfered to Sunday. Well, basically I loved two things he said in the lesson. First, when we were talking about how we can ask God a question, his answer was so innocent and yet so profound. 

"Well, I think I could imagine how his face would be and how he would look at me, and then I would ask him kindly, and wait for an answer. " 
Wow, if only every one of our prayers was as Bryan explained.
Then we invited him to pray and ask and then asked him that if he received his answer if he would be baptized. He accepted and then we asked why.  Simply, 
and yet with power that hit my heart, he said, "Well, its like you guys explained, 
I need to be cleaned from my past mistakes, so if God tells me where I can do 
that, of course I will do it."

We left overjoyed from that lesson. And Bryan is only one in the TEN NEW 

INVESTIGATORS we found this week. 6 have a baptismal dates and 3 attended church. Hna. Yanet is doing super welll. She is reading her Book of Mormon and you can see that she has more peace in her life. We met her son as well, which is another miracle experience. 

Honestly, Ive learned this principle- This week Ive been seeing what great 
things the Lord has in store for His children. Faith, or obedience and trust in 
God, that moves us to repent and be humble, is what in the end, brings to pass miracles. God can only work according to the faith of men. I have come to understand. As I have studied and pondered, almost my whole mission, I've come to see that faith isn't just believing. Its acting! And especially acting in accordance with the commandments of God, one of the most important commandments being, repentance. 

God works miracles. We work along side him. Even if at first the fruits are small, God is there, and He will provide. 
Love you guys tons!!! Have an amazing week :)
Love, Hermana Tanuavsa 

No comments:

Post a Comment