Monday, July 18, 2016

Milagros de Dios

Alright world, are you ready? 
I would like to introduce you to some of the greatest people in this world. 
So do you remember Brayan from last week? the kid who works from 6:30am-11pm?
So this week we taught him about the Book of Mormon and when we did we were reading 3 nephi and he stopped' us while we are reading on verse 19. This is when Christ visits the Americas and while he is there he calls Nephi to come forth and its says   
"19 And Nephi arose and went forth, and bowed himself before the Lord and did kiss his feet." 

Brayan stops us and say, wow I like that. So we ask why, and he says, because I would hope to do the same one day.  Ok alright, your cool, right no big deal..... 
That is until we have the next lesson. First he walks into the lesson and we ask him how he has been. He says "GREAT! I shared with my friends some of the things that I have been learning and some of them are taking interest. I also was praying for my food and my grandma saw me and asked what I was doing. i explained ot her and also invited her to read the Book of Mormon. I also was invited to a discoteca(like a club) but i decided it wouild be better to stay at home and sleep."
Im sorry but if your jaws havent dropped y'alls are crazy. We were shocked. We have never said he should do any of those things, but he did them!!!
We then asked how he was doing with his prayers to know if the church was true and he said this," I think I received my answer. I think its true. Ever since I started with you guys I've felt more peaceful and I genuinely want to help people while I work. Im happier so this must be God." 

Needless to say, Brayan arrived to church this Sunday in a beautiful blue shirt ready to partake of the sacrament. I am amazed by this kid. He is an exmaple to me of true faith in God. Also especially for mom and dad, his baptismal date is for the 5th of August (special day for you/22nd anniversary) (: It will be a joyous day filled with the pure love of Christ. 

Denis is another invesitigator who also came to church. He is a little scarred from his ex -girlfriend and his walk away dad, but he also has been excersizing his fatih and has been to church twice. He has a baptism date set for the 13th of August. 

Julio Cisneros, a Part member Family who is one of the hardest old men I have ever met, also came to church! Even though it was only the first hour, its the first time. His wife, an active member hugged us so tightly and thanked us. It was a very happy Sunday. 

Brandy, Hna. yanet's son is also doing well. He is such a goofball and super shy but this week he made some friends with kids in the ward so hopefully he will feel more comfortable to come to church this next week. (: 

Oh like I also said last week, they took out the Elders of Sullana 3 so we now have our area and theirs. Its been interesting getting to know it and now we have 11 recent converts to teach but its great. I LOVE LOVE LOVE bieng a missionary. God is placing his chosen children in our path. Hna. Arce is an angel and she helps me always. Saturday i didn't want to run but she helped me get up at 6am to go running and i felt great afterwards! However we are working so hard that Saturday night I fell asleep durng nightly planning!!! AH! haha but the Lord gives me strength and I am grateful (: 
I hope you all enjoyed my miracle week. God is real and He touches each of our lives. 

" Ask, and it shall be given unto you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

  For every one that asketh, receiveth; and he that seeketh, findeth; and to him that knocketh, it shall be opened.

 Or what man is there of you, who, if his son ask bread, will give him a stone?

 Or if he ask a fish, will he give him a serpent?

 If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children, how much more shall your Father who is in heaven give good things to them that ask him?"

Love you all, Hermana Tanuvasa 

No comments:

Post a Comment