Monday, September 14, 2015

Never a normal week

Hello family (: I love and miss you all. You boys are so cute in your football outfits. I hope you know I'm cheering for you guys over here in Piura.. where there is no such thing as American Football hahaha. Kai you are the bomb!! Keanu you are getting too big!!! Slow down!! and Kanoah please don't pay attention to any of the girls over there i promise you until i have met her she's not good enough (; Also boys stop breaking stuff (like thumbs and feet) lol 

So my title is literally the theme of every week that we have here in Piura. Never do we have a normal week. This week, literally right after i emailed you guys last week we had some trouble with where we live. Now we are looking for somewhere else to live. So this week was a little stressful with that and let me say that Mom and Dad both your emails this week seem to speak exactly to what I've been learning. But we are teaching Hermano Freddy Alvarado and he is doing well! The first day we taught him we realized he wasn't all there and that with teaching him we have to go super slow and repeat things several times until he understands. But we left him a BOM and he read it and understood so well. When we asked him what he read he told us almost exactly what he read and then said but idk because i cant really understand that well. We were in shock and we knew that his comprehension really came from God. We have a baptismal date set for the 17th of October and we really hope everything works out. I had a good study the other day and i wrote down my thoughts in my journal that I want to share.
"Ï think having Hna. Echegaray as a companion has been such a blessing. She has such a strong testimony and is very in tune with the Spirit. However sometimes she gets discouraged over her physical sufferings. There is always something wrong with her body or she's tired or she's thinking about home and often times i get frustrated because i really want to work with all my heart, might, mind and strength but i don't feel like i am. Well i read the talk by Elder Dale G. Renlund, "Latter-Days Saints Keep on Trying" He talks about trying again and working to change and I felt enthusiastic to try harder this week and to be better. I felt this was my response to the pleadings of my heart. Then later in the talk he talks about having patience for others as they are trying. He then gives a story of a missionary (please read it) and basically i saw myself as this missionary. He says, "Curtis learned that he needed to be patient with an imperfect companion who nonethless was trying in his own way." Dad, your words of pushing harder, being stronger, and perserving to the end are always in my mind. But Hna. Echegaray isn't as strong as i am. She is very delicate and cant walk as fast or push her body as much. She is also very sensitive to pain. Does this mean she is worse that me? Not at all, in fact i learned that I am the one in serious need of repentance. I need to repent, love and always give her another try. For how can i expect God to give me another try if i cannot give it to others? Just as the Savior returned to his disciples after his resurrection in John21, he asks Peter "Lovest thou me more than these?"I think the Lord would ask me the same if I love numbers and baptisms more than one of his precious children. God has a deep love for Hna. Echegaray and I need to be filled with this love. God will bless our investigators and provide the way so that we can touch each and every one of their hearts to change as well but first we have to change ourselves."
Mom and Dad I cant tell you how on point your emails are. Mom you are touching lives one by one and I am learning how to be more like you. Dad I am learning also how to be happy despite circumstances that i might desire to change. The Lord and his timing are perfect and the Atonement is infinite and real. I feel it each day as i beg the Lord for forgiveness and the opportunity to try again. 
So when do we have a normal week where we have all our appointments and no weird stuff or drastic realizations.. NEVER!! but hey welcome to the mission field. And i love it (: i love being here. I love learning every day and i love these people. I cannot wait to continue seeing what the Lord has in store for Freddy Alvarada or Hna. Echegaray or anyone else in the Piura,Peru mission. 
Keirra, Kanoah, Keanu and Kai I encourage you to continue being missionaries. And being a missionary means loving like Christ to want to bless others lives. So yes that means you can be a missionary NOW, in the home, in the ward, in your school, in your sport. Always love and show your gratitude to mom and dad. I cannot tell you guys how grateful I am for our parents. They have eternally blessed each and every one of us with spectacular lives beaucse they know our Savior and His spirit. I love and miss you all and hope you guys have a great week!!


Love 
Hermana Tanuvasa


No comments:

Post a Comment