Monday, December 7, 2015

God fulfills His promises- Dec 6, 2015




FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok first off we have less than three weeks before we talk for Christmas!! Whoohoo!!!!  So foootball sounds crazy but GO KANOAH!!! hahah ya doesnt quite sound like a normal christmas for you guys but hey the winds are a  changing and i feel like everything in life is getting more rushed now.... 

So i still havent gotten my packages because supposedly the Serpost here is on strike sooooo... beasicallly me and Hna. Spainhower are praying that the Lord will calm their hearts so they will receive our packages ahhahah

Kai is literally the best and I miss him all the time. Our ward mission leaders   grandson is the exact same age and he was born May  14, which is crazy!! I/ve seen a lot here that when I or my investigators learn a lesson, you guys tend to learn the same lessons. Just goes to show that the Lord will teach and help you to grow in whatever circumstances you are in. 

So yesterdday I fasted, and my fast was to develop more self control. More self control in my thoughts, words and deeds. For my thoughts I am trying to talk more about the scriptures with my companion and ponder on the things of eternity. I also take time during the sacrament to track and fill how I am doing. I think in this way we can fill our minds more with Christ. You can do this likewise with problems or stresses. Ill talk about my week to show an example.

So this week has been bad and good. We started off on a good foot, but then Hna. Spainhower got sick and once again we were forced to stop what we were doing. Since about three weeks ago when I first got sick. and then when Rosanna died and then this week. I knew that no one carried "the blame' yet I still felt sad wishing I could be doing more.  I kept listening to the Spirit however and telling myself that if I was working in the way the Lord wanted me to, I would be blessed, but to be honest half of my heart was still down, having a hard time believing it. But I continued studying and praying and working to the full capacity that we could in these moments. And Sunday, everything changed. I was studying in Mosiah 4, where King Limhi is actually admonishing his people for their iniquity and that because of their inquity they had been brought into bondage. The fruits of their unrighteousness, was suffering.... as God has promised. I felt a prompting to look towards the fruits of our work.  On Sunday, Jesus came to church and was laughing and talking with so many members of the JAS. Jorge, our investigator was talking with our ward mission leader and the young men's president about some questions he had from testimony meeting and the lesson. Joel, a twenty year old boy we contacted on the street yesterday actually came to church, without any lesson and then asked if he could come to the Christmas Devotional that night. My companion later talked to our investigator on the phone about his daughter who was sick and why he couldn't come without any help from me. As I saw the fruits of our works,  with such wonderful people starting to change their lives, and us having the privilege to teach such prepared people, I knew that the Lords promise had been fulfilled.  "Inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments, ye shall propser in the land." The promise is clear and true. We can know that in any situation if we are staying true to the Lord and true to the covenants that we have made, He will bless us. Period! So when in the midst of trial, when we often think who could possibly help or what should I do, God should be our first thought. Often we think to trust in the arm of man but as Sister Marriot said from this past conferene, 

¨I have struggled to banish the mortal desire to have things my way, eventually realizing that my way is oh so lacking, limited, and inferior to the way of Jesus Christ. “His way is the path that leads to happiness in this life and eternal life in the world to come.”
 
I testify with her that when we trust in Him and reflect on Him in every moment, he gives us the peace and solace that we lack. He knows our hearts and will bless us according to that which is expedient unto Him

Elder Godoy was awesome!!! He is such a cool guy and it was so fun to talk to him and his wife. The conference we had with him was awesome as well and I gained so may insights for myself and for my investigators. His conversion story is really, really cool and if you can find it somewhere I think you would love it. 

Our area is so awesome. Right now we have about 8 investigators progressing and others that we are working with. We only have two recent converts and one of them is less active. I understand pretty much everything now in Spanish. I speak and can understand with almost little problems. Every once in a while Ill trip over some new words but otherwise the gift of tongues is so real. I dont rememeber learning words and yet I understand and use them with no problem. I know that if you truly do want to develop a gift of God, if you pray with faith the Lord will bless you. Me and Spainhower do talk english although in the streets we try to just do spanish. I can't wait for Christmas either to tell you so much more(: 

I hope you all are enjoying the Christmas season. God truly lives and loves us and will bless us if we do what he asks. Christ is my Savior and I put my trust in Him. 
I love you all and miss you soo much!!!
Cuidense y muchos abrazos y besitos!!
Hermana Tanuvasa


P-day lunch with the 4 girls




Christmas Caroling with Kaylas mission district

No comments:

Post a Comment