Thursday, December 31, 2015

Moving Forward





So it is true. This week I have been pondering a lot on change. Tuesday I had my first leadership council and well lets just say that the mission Piura, Peru has a lot of work to do. But I'm not discouraged. Rather my desire to change amplified and Hna. Orellana and I are that much more motivated to work harder. I also had my first Branch Council here in the branch Las Begonias. I loved it. This branch is so close to moving to ward level. As we talked about the new goals for this year, one of the things that I loved that they did is they talked to a solution. Sometimes we find ourselves discussing and discussing endlessly to find that we have not come to any  conclusion. I have also started thinking and setting some of my personal goals for the new year. 

One of the things that I found that helped in each one of the councils we had to set goals, in the council of missionary leaders, the branch council and my personal council is that we all started using the words of the prophets as a guide. As we sought for guidance using Preach my Gospel, the red manual, the scriptures and the General Conference talks we were better able to find what things we wanted to improve on. I loved the talk by Sister Stephens as she talked about keeping the commandments by following the words of the living prophets. I have reflected this week often on when she said:

¨Recently, living prophets have counseled us to “remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy,” and to live the law of the fast. Obedience to this prophetic counsel provides a way for us to be obedient to God’s commandment to love Him and our neighbor as we increase our faith in Jesus Christ and extend our hand to love and care for others.¨´

This year is a chance to change to move forward using the beautiful gift of the Atonement that came from the babe whose birth we recently celebrated. This is the time to make a change. 

So as I am working with myself and my companion on changing we are also trying to think of ways to help our investigators have the desire and motivation to change. I would love to hear ideas from you guys on how you do with your goals and what things help you to accomplish them. Thank you for your love and support. I truly can  feel it all the way down here in Paita. I hope all of you guys had a wonderful Christmas and that you have a happy new year!!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU
Hna Tanuvasa

No comments:

Post a Comment