Tuesday, January 19, 2016

I know in whom I have trusted


baptism of Daniela "she is an angel"

"The beautiful area where I run in the mornings and work in the day"


So I've been having a hard time getting up and doing my exercises in the morning. I kept telling Hna. Orellana I wanted to change and she pointed out, well then "what is your plan"? So I made one and let me tell you, this week I got up every day at 600 AM to stretch for 20 minutes and then workout for 40 minutes. I went running twice and did legs, arms and yoga. I felt so good the whole week. I ate more fruits and veggies, drank more water and had more energy throughout. 

From there this week I received so many answers to many prayers. As of two weeks ago I kinda got really sad as I felt to exclaim like Nephi,
 "O wretched man that I am! Yea, my heart sorroweth because of my flesh; My soul grieveth because of my iniquities."
The phrase, " I am encompassed about because of the temptations and sins which do so easily beset me." swarmed in my head. I prayed for guidance and help. I wished to let go a little bit more of the natural man that lives in me. 

Well Tuesday we had  splits with Hna. Pay and Hna. Orellana.  I went with Hna Pay from California. First off she is so awesome! Such a strong testimony and faith like a solid rock! One of the things she said really struck me. She quoted Meet the Mormons when she said, " I'm not perfect, but I can be perfect at trying." This really was an answer to my prayers. Basically my studies this whole week have been helping too.  I was reading the talk by Elder Haynie this morning about Remembering In Whom We Have Trusted.  He talked about using the beautiful Atonement of Jesus Christ to overcome all things.. Including the sins and temptations which do so easily beset us. 

I love when He said, 
"The Atonement of Jesus Christ makes the Savior’s invitation to “be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect” perfectly possible rather than frustratingly out of reach." I have come to see that this is true as I put my trust in Him and extend faith to know that He can do so much more than I can. That He will help me overcome and rise above and be the worthy daughter, sister, and servant in His masterful hands. 

Then He perfectly quoted the very scripture that had been dwelling in my mind for weeks , 
"Brothers and sisters, if you feel discouraged or wonder if you can ever get out of the spiritual hole that you have dug, please remember who stands “betwixt [us] and justice,” who is “filled with compassion towards the children of men,” and who has taken upon Himself our iniquities and transgressions and “satisfied the demands of justice.” In other words, as Nephi did in his moment of self-doubt, simply remember “in whom [you] have trusted,” even Jesus Christ, and then repent and experience yet again “a perfect brightness of hope.”

I took time on Sunday while partaking of the sacrament to ponder where Ive come from and where I am now. I am surprised and filled with immense gratitude to know that the Lord has been at my side showing me an outpouring of love that moves me to want to change and be better. Then He has pulled me up closer and closer to where He is. I am so happy right now in the mission. I love my companion, my area, my branch, my district and my Savior, Jesus  Christ. Because of the love that I receive from every single one of these things and from you, my family and loved ones at home, I want to do better and I work harder because I want to make you guys happy. 

Thank you, each and every one of you, although I can't name you all here, you are all named in my heart, and each day your love helps me along. But especially the love of my Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ is whats makes me better than I am, what pulls me from my pits and falls, what sustains me in each moment, and what makes me smile. (= 
I love you all and hope you can remember and think on how much God loves you. 
Lots of Love with tight hugs and big kisses,
Hermana Tanuvasa

No comments:

Post a Comment