Friday, January 8, 2016

Back to the Basics

Paita is AMAZING. Seriously endless miracles and beautiful people. Plus I dont sweat as much because we have the nice ocean breeze. Recently, we have been finding a lot of new investigators but one family that we found on my first day here are my favorite. Joe, Joeli, and Esmeralda, and now Cesar. This family has shown us so much love and they are so ready to be baptized. They illuminate the light of Christ, I can only imagine how it will be when they have the gift of the Holy Ghost. They are praying and having good experiences, although we are still working with them on reading the Book of Mormon and attending church. I think we need to visit them more often. They have a baptismal date for the 30th of January. We are also teaching Merli who is 15 and has been through so many trials. Her dad and her mom both have passed away and yet she told us that when she is sad she prays and knows that God has everything in control, so she  overcomes her sadness by her faith. Tuesday we will teach The Plan of Salvation and I am excited to see what will happen. She is a referral and her baptismal date is set for the 23 of January. 
   
What I've learned recently:
We had our interviews with President Rasmussen this week. I love President and Sister Rasmussen I am serious they are the best. We talked about a lot of things and I left thoroughly edified. This week we have worked so hard to reach our goals. We have been thinking a lot about something that Elder Godoy taught about -Part A and Part B. He taught that missionaries do a fantastic job on doing Part B, the teaching, but that sometimes we don't do a sufficient enough job on Part A, actually finding out the problem or concern of the investigators. Everyone in this life does things according to the experiences that they have had. Sometimes though as humans we only see the end result and take that as the beginning. Everyone has a story and it's our job to find it and address it with the gospel. When we take the time to get to know people the way the Savior would take the time for us, that is when we can truly teach more like the Savior. I think this is how all the prophets in the Book of Mormon and today are able and were able to have so much success when baptizing people because they payed attention to what was going on and what was necessary for them to hear. But one of the things I love is that the principles of the gospel are necessary for everyone. 
I asked President what he thinks that I could change, seeing as he receives my weekly emails and has authority over me. He told me I could work with having more faith. Throughout this week I have seen the truth in that. With more faith in my Savior, I work harder, and find more and become more of what He wants me to be. I love the conference talk that mentioned if we are making our discipleship too complicated. This gospel is not founded on gold plates or angelic appearances but simple faith and daily repentance that bring us closer little by little to our Father in Heaven. 
I love the simplicity. I love the gospel. I love the second chances. I love my Savior and His example and His Atoning sacrifice. I love new years and new chances. New times to get back to the basics and build more firmly our foundations on Christ. I LOVE AND MISS YOU ALL SOOO MUCH. God be with you in every moment.
Love,
Hermana Tanuvasa 

No comments:

Post a Comment