Wednesday, April 27, 2016

So this week was FANTASTIC!

In Los Ficus, it is so different from Paita and even still different from Miraflores.
I love having all the members in our area and being able to have such potential 
for many new investigators. It was a little rough coming though and there were no
investigators nor less actives and the converts hadn't been to church or taught in
several weeks. But we went to work and we found our converts, found three new less- actives to teach and 1 new investigator. We have set goals on how we can bless our ward as well as many couples are having marriage problems. We are working to knock two birds with one stone by serving them while they help us in la obra misional
I think my favorite experience that shows that this week was went we went to go get to know the bishop we found his wife, Milagros a little bit sad and down. She said she had been feeling very empty. We comforted her as much as we could and then invited her to accompany us. As she did, we found a less active that was assigned to visiting teach with Hna. Milagros and as we taught about the sacrament as found in 3 Nephi 18, we read and asked a question to the less active but Milagros gasped and blurted out the answer. She was so excited as she saw the connection between the sacrament and being filled with the spirit. She was then able to testify strongly to the less active and the spirit was so strong. Needless to say, this less active after months of not coming, came on Sunday. 
In that moment I was so immensely happy. I knew that I was doing what the Lord had called me to do. 
God provides the way. Several times this week we were immensely guided by the spirit to arrive at home just at the right moment. 
You are also SO right Mom. Repenting every day is so essential. On Tuesday night we taught a less active... lets just say he wanted nothing with the church and the missionaries have tried before teaching him but he never showed up. I had no idea of this when we started the lesson with him. He said that he had lost his testimony in Christ and that he didn't feel anything anymore. The Spirit brought to my mind Alma 5 and I straightforwardly explained that if he wanted to feel he needed to repent. Everyone looked at me shocked at my boldness but its true. Repentance is not a bad thing or something you have to do only when you break the law of chastity of the word of wisdom. It is a constant and daily action that brings us closer to God. It is a privilege. 

I feel so happy here and I love this area and the work. This work truly is the Lords work.

I love you all!!! Take care and Repent daily! Pray don't forget your scriptures, take 

the sacrament and you will have the spirit!!!

LOVE YOU!!

Hermana Tanuvasa 

No comments:

Post a Comment