Monday, August 3, 2015

Always focus on Jesus Christ and Keep an an Eternal Perspective

All that you and dad have done for me has seriously blessed my life and each day I teach and look at other families that don't have the gospel or don't have the foundation of the gospel that you gave me, I am sad and yet eternally grateful.  Hey, if you could, dont forget the missionaries in that ward. We need the help of the members more than anything, as you probably know. Thanks for the package im SUPER excited. lol anything from home will be AWESOME!! lol so i forgot to tell you last time but ELDER BEDNAR IS COMING TO PERU. We are going to go hear him speak in Chiclayo the 27 of August so ill send you my notes and maybe he can bless you guys some more. 
Also.....,
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY MOM AND DAD. I know im early but i wont get time later and you guys mean the world to me. You literally are the best parents ever and your example blesses me every day in my life. I want the blessings of eternity and of the temple because of your examples!! Don't ever stop loving each other and always always look to Christ to love each other more,. Hahah but im preaching to the choir. Because of your example im learning this with my temporary companion right now. Bless you and i love and miss you both, together (:

So This week has been fun!~  We had a lesson with Mariela Guerrero who is a less active with two kids with Ana and Juan Jose. We have been teaching the children but they haven't been progressing or coming to church and we realized they really can't without the help of their mom. So we determined it was more important to find the mom first and teach her. We taught her and we were so direct. I said that if she desires the happiness of salvation in the life to come she needs to keep an eternal perspective and keep the commandments that God has given. I could see in her face that she was pondering very deeply and we are hoping they change. Thursday we had a Capacitacion Training meeting with President and Sister Rasmussen. SPIRITUAL INSPIRATION lol it was fantastic. 
Later we had Milton Viera who is a really smart investigator. We gave him a BOM last week and then we had a lesson about it. UHH he had so many strange questions about angels and aliens and all sorts of things that our lessons took about an hour and a half!! But what we ended up telling him was that look we don't have the answers! God does! So read his word and focus on what you need at this time! What is of ETERNAL SIGNIFICANCE. He started to smile as he finally realized that for himself he could know what God desired of him! Wow what a spiritual lesson. This lesson also happened to fall on exchanges which was so fun. I stayed here in Miraflores with Hermana Kaeding who leaves for her home in 5 days!! Wow, yet she was ready to work and finish strong. I learned alot from her. Finally i have to tell you about goals. So we have had the goal almost every week to have 10 contacts every day... let me tell you what our totals were the past 4 weeks.... 12,15, 21, and 17.....uhhhhh bad missionaries lolol. But i found this thing by a mission president to a new missionary (not sure who gave it to me) and it said that if each missionary has ten contacts a day (20 between both companions) their baptisms will double. I was determined to do better and obtain this blessing. And guess what???!!!!! This weeks total was........ 58 contacts!!!!! WOOO-HOOOOO. Ok so we didnt have the number we wanted but its so much better!! and miracles have happened!! Milton has commited to baptism!!! 
So what do all these scrambled stories have to do with each other... I will tell you. All this week i have been studying in Alma and the words that Alma is preaching as high priest of the church, btw essentially a misssionary. And what does he focus on in each chapter... Christ and His Coming! So this whole week I've been focusing on Christ and teaching our investigators to focus on his Second Coming. Because really just like in the BOM the days of His coming are speedily upon us!! Guys!! always, always, always focus on Jesus Christ and keep an eternal perspective of what is to come and i promise you will change and things around you will change. Im so thrilled for Christ to come because He is my Savior and Redeemer and He knows each and every one of us individually. I can look to Him and find EVERYTHING i need. 
So i hope you are all well and good and reading your scriptures every day!!  and focus on Christ remember Him in everything). I love and miss you all and think of you everyday! Im glad you are being so awesome!! Have a great week!
Hermana Tanuvasa


I Love Sis Rasmussen!!!

Sis Sepulveda has great taste!!


I love Hermana Howell <3


Hermana Kaeding

No comments:

Post a Comment