Monday, November 23, 2015

Enfoque en JesuCristo- Focus on Jesus Christ

FAMILY!!!!
Aw I miss you guys tons but yes I am sooooo thrilled for Christmas!! ONE MONTH!!!! Ive tried not to keep count my whole mission but we are in the last month before I get to talk to you and i think its ok now ahahha thanks mom I'm super excited for the packages and I cant wait!!! Im pretty much in dying need of a lot of it ahha. NO WAY that Kanoah is gonna play Chino Hills!!!  Hahah Ill be cheering for Kanoah over here being sad that Im missing the season. btw also realized I'm going to miss most of next season too if not all. SO JEALOUS you guys are going to the beach. Its starting to get hotter and more humid over here. Basically I will never complain about heat again after the mission. 

So this week was a little crazy. I had intercambios with Hna.Vasquez and went to Tacala for a day and a half and wow basically every other area is dirt except ours because we are in the city. After I leave Miraflores I will be in a different world. Then Thursday Hna. Spainhower had to go to Lima to get her visa and the temp. companion i had got sick so we were inside most of the time. However Friday was a great day and we met this amazing new investigator named Jorge! Supposedly we contacted him one time and invited him to the web page and he entered in and talked with a missionary online. Then the Elders of our district contacted him again and he said he wanted them to visit him so they passed along the reference to us. As we met with him for the first time he was just dying to know the truth and he said he prays that God will let him find it, despite his age (he is only 52) ahha. Before I came on the mission I prayed a lot to find the people that were prepared to receive the gospel and God is truly leading me to them. I am amazed to see how much God is blessing me here in Piura. 
So basically mom you hit it right on the head. Many times in the mission, I feel like Im not good enough, like Im not working hard enough or being exactly obedient as I could be and sometimes that really sucks. I want to be the best I can and find all the people and talk with all the member and contact everyone on the street, but it's literally impossible!! or at least it is.. alone. This week I realized a little more about the Atonement. The Atonement doesn't just wipe away our sins. it fills in every hole that we missed, every doctrine we forgot to teach, every almost in made complete. Funny how this a lesson I think all of us learn each day, each study, each year, how to better apply the Atonement. Yet as I read in Moroni 7 there is a promise. 
in verses 29n and 30 it says

 29 And because he hath done this, my beloved brethren, have miracles ceased? Behold I say unto you, Nay; neither have angels ceased to minister unto the children of men.

 30 For behold, they are subject unto him, to minister according to the word of his command, showing themselves unto them of strong faith and a firm mind in every form of godliness.

I think we all understand strong faith but having a firm mind in every form of godliness was something new to ponder. Hna. Spainhower helped me to see that it means focusing on Christ. Not worrying about if we are worthy enough or the best missionary or if we have the best numbers, Its about focusing on the children of God that we are teaching, the souls we are helping along in the path, whether it be investigators, recent converts, members, our companions or ourselves. its about focusing on Christ and loving as he did. Its about remembering a little child who came into this world because he loved us. Its so simple, and yet its so beautiful. This is my new goal until Christmas, to focus a little more on Christ and keep my mind firm in every form of godliness. I hope you can all take time to think of Christ a little bit more this week and remember what he did for you just because he loves you. I love you all and I pray for you everyday. 
Cuidense mucho y les amo tanto
Hermana Tanuvasa

No comments:

Post a Comment