Monday, October 3, 2016

General Conference week





I am awesome!!1 We had another fantastic week filled with miracles and special experiences and of course I loved conference!! What beautiful songs and messages. I was able to see all the sessions in Spanish and understand even more this time than the last!

I LOVE Hermana VASQUEZ!! She is an angel and we keep learning and growing together. She helps correct me and see what I can do better which is exactly what I need at this time. The Lord knew me and knew what I needed.
Thank you for your prayers and love, truly I can feel it everyday. Mom and family, I am truly happy. I think Ive better come to understand how the gospel works and it brings my so much joy. I am at peace and I know that God will help me change and help my companion and I bring the work of change among these people here.
I loved the talk by Elder Neil L. Anderson. I think that I have always known the gospel and appreciated it. But as I have had the privilege to share the same message day by day and see it change lives, I have come to LOVE IT AND BE AWED BY IT.
How merciful is our Heavenly Father!!! He sent His ONLY BEGOTTEN SON to give his life for each and every one of us personally. But he loves us so much that he continues to bless us with our agency so that we may choose to follow His Son. He provides the way so that we may keep his commandments, and when we do, we are immediately blessed. THAT IS CRAZY!! I know of no company or enterprise that offers these types of benefits!!! God also leads and guides us through the difficult trials and temptations of the 21st century through living prophets and apostles!!! He has provided another testament of His living son through the Book of Mormon and sends His Spirit to testify of the truthfulness of it.
Friends and family, this gospel is AMAZING, ROCKIN', THE BOMB.COM AND EVERYTHING ELSE. <3<3 I invite you all to see it again through the eyes of one in darkness. To see the light of Christ through the restored gospel of this day. I love my God. He is all merciful and all loving. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. He is my strength and my song. He is my joy in each moment. I love being His representative and I love working with His children for their salvation.
As Moms favorite song was sung and said " I know Heavenly Father loves me" (:
Take care everyone and have a great week!!
Oh and update! We found Victoria and she came to general conference and was visibly touched by the Sunday afternoon session. We found an awesome kid named Martins, I will add the story I sent to President Rasmussen below. And we were able to help and love our members. SUPER SUCCESSFUL WEEK AND THIS WEEK EVEN MORE!!!!!!
Hermana Tanuvasa
"So two experiences that went together and showed me that God is very in control and blesses when we do our part.  So we were walking to our room Tuesday night and a guy was walking the same way and we start to talk. He tells us that he had been in the army and seen some really scary things. He accepted an appointment for the next day. At the same time, one of our members had given a referral of a less active who had been strong and had actually preparing his mission papers less than a year ago, but who had gone inactive. We had found him two days before and when we went to visit the other guy, Martins, we asked our less active, William to accompany us. When we first entered into the home, Martins entered into his room and pulled out a Book of Mormon saying that one time a missionary had left it in his work and he had planned on giving it back to us when he found us but had forgotten completely for almost two years. We officially "gifted" it to him and began to explain the purpose of the book and the blessings that it would bring. He was moved to tears as he told the story of his deceased grandmother and the love they had shared. He told us that he felt very far from God and wanted to come back. William then bore a strong testimony, without being asked, of the love God has and the ability to feel it as he read the Book of Mormon. The spirit was strong and each person was guided in their words by the power of that same Spirit. We testified that he would be able to know of the truthfulness by the Spirit, to which he could feel in that moment;a sweet peace and joy.The next day we visited William and he told us that he had many times asked God if the Book of Mormon was true and the church and as he bore testimony and then learned that the Spirit doesn't speak in grand ways, he realized that many times he had felt the Spirit, but hadn't recognized it. "





No comments:

Post a Comment